Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Apologies


Well I must apologize for my lack of blogging over the past couple of months. I'm back at the computer and ready to let you know what I've been up to lately. I've been very busy. Where do I start.....Well I guess the most important news occurred on December 16th. As some you know, this was the day that Mike flew over the pond to visit me during his Christmas holidays. It was so fantastic to see him after such a long time. He arrived at Incheon airport in the evening and we spent the night in Insadong. In the middle of the night we looked out the window to see the streets of Seoul blanketed in white fluffy snow. It was amazingly beautiful. We suited up in our hats and mitts and headed out for a late night tour of the town. There were people with umbrellas running for cover as if the snow would burn them like acid, while others took pictures of the massive snowflakes. This was the first and only real snowfall that I have experienced all winter, Mike must have brought it with him. IT was the greatest way to celebrate our new engagement. Yep...I said it. ENGAGEMENT. Can you believe it? It was the best Christmas gift I could have imagined. No dates yet, but its official.



Mike was pretty nervous coming to Korea, with the language barriers and cultural differences, however, it only took him a few days to feel quite at home. He was able to wander around the city trying various forms of street meat and practicing Korean words that I had scribbled in notebook for him, along with my cell number, work number home address and directions on how to ask for a taxi home. After seeing the sights, Mike was also able to come to school with me one day..The kids (and Mike) really got kick out of this. My principal was nice enough to give me the afternoon off that day as well. Most of my co workers had a ball chatting with mike and taking us out to dinner and as he found out, dinner here can be quite an adventure...raw everything from shrimp to fermented fish and squiggling life octopus. Now, you have to remember that Mike is "kind of" a picky eater..and doesn't like seafood...but to be a gentlemen in front of my coworkers and not offend them..he tried everything they put in front of him...nothing would stop him...not even a little vomit in his mouth half way through the meal. He just washed it down with countless glasses of soju. There's love.

1 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That Mike guy must be one hell of a man to come all the way for you! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home