Thursday, October 26, 2006

Straight From the Bay!

Well, last week I woke kup with my first Korean cold. Ugh. Its been with me for a week or more..we're really quite close. It keeps me company all the time and even wakes me up in the middle of the night barking and weezing. Ahh, it's not that bad, but for those of you who know me well, know that I am a lousy sicko. I hate having a cold and prefer to spend my time wrapped in a hudson bay blanket sipping hot lemon drinks. Well, that really hasn't happened, too busy. Anyway, I've been feeling crappy for a few days, but on monday morning I was pleasantly surprised to find a huge package on my desk. Yes, straight from Canada. I was so excited to open it, but even more excited to find a homemade scrapbook with pictures of the "fam" at 6 Ellendale. The fam has changed quite a bit over the last four years but there are still a few long term residents kicking around, Lis. Well the new "fam" which consists of Lea and her sister Kristen, Mike and Lis (oldies but goodies) created a wonderful scrapbook with pics of themselves and my super awesome neighbours Mike, Jes and of course Bug. Thanks so much, you don't know happy i was to receive your gift. I love it and it was delivered at the perfect time to cheer up this sicko. You guys are the best!

3 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mel,

What a nice, warm message! I can only imagine how great it felt to open your package, especially such an intimate one when you're half way across the world.

We're all thinking of you. Take care of yourself and hopefully that cold will be gone by the time you read this message.

Take care!

Tara.

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mel!
I was so happy to see that you wrote about me on here! and I'm glad that for the first time in my life I'm an "oldie" lol... I wish I knew you had this thing sooner but now that I do i'm glad I get to read about your awesome adventures!
Miss you tons!
Lis

 
At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in agreeance (I think that is how you spell that...) with Lis, I wish I had've known about this sooner! I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed the scrapbook, I would send you well wishes...but I'm pretty sure they are too late...but anyways, I hope that you are still feeling better, and keep having a good time over there in Korea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home